Monday, February 7, 2011

The Birth of Bondage, Part I: The Helpless Maiden

more like Jump Rope for the Loins.


 I have had a long and troubled history of being turned on at inopportune moments.
            Really, this began when I was little. All fetishes must take root somewhere, and mine took root in the yellow plastic jump rope that my gaggle of five year old friends and I would use to play a rousing game of Bandits. The evil bandits would capture a fair maiden with their length of rope and the battle between the bandits and the valiant knights would ensue.
            Simply put: I always volunteered to be the maiden. I would lie on the couch, the rope wrapped around my wrists as I clutched its frizzled ends in my sweaty little palms, bemoaning my inescapable bounds. I was content to watch as my friends destroyed the battlefield, toppling lamps, kicking coffee tables, scuffing wooden floors. And secretly, I wanted the bandits to win--- because who knew what terrible fate would await me then? 

We were way more creative than this. our games involved power play.

 Fellow fetishists, what was your earliest manifestation of subversive desire? Did you actually like it when Bobby tugged at your pigtails? Did throwing pine cones at Sally make your day? Were you excited to see everybody's toes at Millie's beach birthday party? 

No comments: